OPC Registration and its operations are governed by the Indian Companies Act, 2013.
Section 2(62) of Companies Act defines a one-person company as a company that has only one person as to its member. Furthermore, members of a company are nothing but subscribers to its memorandum of association, or its shareholders. So, an OPC is effectively a company that has only one shareholder as its member.
- OPC is a separate legal entity
- Minimum Documentation and Compliance
- Single owner
- Passport (Foreign Nationals & NRIs) or PAN Card
- Passport, Voter’s ID or Driver's License
- Current Bank Account Statement/Phone or Mobile Invoice/Electricity or Gas Invoice
- passport-sized photo
- Specimen autograph or impression (blank document with autograph)
Note: The OPC director must self-attest the first three documents. If an NRI or a foreign national, all the document should be notarized or apostilled.
Documents Necessary for The Registered Office
- Current Bank Account Statement/Phone or Mobile Invoice/Gas or Electricity Invoice)
- Rental Agreement written in the English
- No-objection Certificate from property landowner
- Property or Sale Deed printed in English (if the property is owned)
Note: The registered office space needs to be a commercial area; however, it can be your house of residence as well